If you have been prescribed oral sedation drugs you have the following duties:
- I will fill this prescription and bring the medication to my scheduled office appointment directly.
- I will make sure to bring the prescription to my dental appointment and administer it there.
- I am not to take the prescription before instructed to do so by the Alpha Dental staff.
- I will make sure NOT to eat or drink any foods or liquids (including water) 8 hours prior to my appointment.
- I will make sure to have a responsible adult to transport me to and from my appointment.
- I will make sure to have a responsible adult to take care of me when I arrive home until the effects of the drug wears off completely (for at least 3 hours).
- I will make sure to arrive one hour prior to my appointment treatment time so I have enough time to sign my oral sedation consent forms and other necessary forms consciously.
- I will make sure not to have anyone other than myself have possession of the prescriptions.
The drugs prescribed to me will typically take 30-60 minutes to take effect and last for a minimum of 2 or 3 hours.